Faculty of Education and Training
The Faculty of Education of Training exists to ensure our workforce has excellent knowledge and skills and provides a focus to share learning with partners in universities and beyond.
Dr Rachael Liebmann, Group Medical Director, chairs the Faculty.
The Faculty of Education and Training has an expert group providing leadership and links to regulatory bodies and the institutions for higher education in London.
The team includes:
- Dr Keith Gomez, HSL's Medical Training Lead Consultant, and Haematology Consultant, the Royal Free London
- Tim Herriman, HSL’s Laboratory Director and Fellow of the Institute of Biomedical Science
- Wendy Leversuch, HSL’s Head of Learning and Development
- Matt Gibbins, HSL’s Head of Human Resources
- Beverly Wallace, HSL’s Partnership Group Staff Side Chair
- Gill Swain-Coad, HSL’s Learning and Development Coordinator
This group has introduced e-learning for statutory training and developed a robust programme to support scientific staff members’ continuous professional development. Trainee pathologists preparing to become consultants spend part of their time in HSL’s laboratories.
100 members of laboratory staff are undertaking Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS) registration or specialist portfolios, 20 are taking MSc degrees and 10 are preparing for the Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists (FRCPath) examination.
We provide a software solution to support all the training online and ensure wider access to flexible training opportunities.
Sonic Healthcare UK Education and Training Annual Reports
The Annual Reports of the Education and Training Faculty showcase the hard work and achievements of our staff, as well as highlighting our strategic targets.